NM2208 Creations: Assignment 4

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Assignment 4

Our task is to design a postcard to promote or create awareness for a chosen youth theme. My theme would be the Singapore Youth Festival 2010.

I did some research about the various activities during the SYF which includes band, Chinese orchestra, choir, dance and drama. I felt that dance would be a good way to portray the energy and enthusiasm of youths. Thus, the various dance poses would make up the whole postcard. The youths have to work together as a team to complete the dance and along the way, strong friendships are formed as they share their passion for dance. This is in line with this year’s SYF theme “Torch of Friendship”.

Here’s the colour scheme for the postcard:



Although the front of the postcard consists of repetitive dance poses, I used vibrant colours and different shades to distinguish the dance poses. To add a final touch to the post card, I created a “Singapore Youth Festival 2010” stamp.

For postcard 7 and 8, I used one colour to create the letter “Y’ which represents youths.

Here’s the back of the postcard:


The idea of the dance sash came to my mind thus I used brush to create this effect.

The postcard I chose out of the colour scheme is:



Comments from the class:
Front – Jisoo commented that there can be 16 different dance poses. Another classmate suggested having a wrapping paper look for my postcard (some dancers are cut off at the side).

I felt that the 16 different dance poses would be too complicated and the viewer would not know where to start looking from. I used only 4 dance poses which are repeated keeping in mind the viewer’s ease of viewing my postcard.

Back- Miss Siti suggested to have a passport whereby there’s various stamps to be associated with the stamp in front of the postcard.

I felt that the idea was good. Hence, I combined my classmate’s idea of the wrapping paper with Miss Siti’s one.

The end result:

Front



Back

The back of the postcard consists of the stamp I created and some are cut off at the side like a wrapping paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home