NM2208 Creations: Assignment 2

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Assignment 2

Our task is to create a pictogram for a site of our choice. I chose the supermarket trolley sign because I always have trouble finding where the trolleys are, thus I thought it would be a good idea to make it more visible to customers who shop at supermarkets.


This was my initial abstraction that I presented in class. Miss Siti commented that my human did not change throughout the abstraction process, and that in abstraction 4 and 5, the picture can be zoomed in to emphasis on the trolley.


Thus, I traced out my human for the first abstraction and subsequently, simplify the human and the trolley. Finally in abstraction 4 and 5, the human is taken away, with a magnification on the trolley.



The pictogram I chose is abstraction 3. I chose this because the human is still inside the pictogram so that customers can understand that it is the trolley parking area. in addition, I bold the lines to make it more visible and added colour for the human. An arrow sign indicating the direction of the trolley area is shown as well.



Finally, this is the indicator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home