NM2208 Creations: Assignment 3

Friday, February 26, 2010

Assignment 3

For this assignment, we have to create a sequence of 6-9 photographs to tell a photo narrative. I spent some time thinking about the story and here are 2 stories that I came up with.

1) Girl is looking at her bank account (only $50). She passed by her favourite store but can only look at the watch sadly as she does not have money to buy. She then reached the bus stop and suddenly she saw a $50 note! She excitedly thought of the watch which she could have bought with the money she had but thought of what her mother told her that people should be honest. Thus, she returned it to the police station.

2) Lesley was thinking about her primary school classmates and when she goes to Starbucks to get a drink, she bumps into her primary school friend, Elvina, whom she had not seen since graduation. It’s a great surprise to meet her again!

The problem with story 1 is the scene whereby the girl returns the money at the police station. There would be constraints to shoot this scene. Thus, I decided to proceed with story 2.


Sketch:



During the shoot, I tried out various shot sizes and angles.

Long Shot


Mid Shot





Close Up



Finally, here’s the photo narrative

Comments from the class: One of my classmates pointed that for photo 5, there was too much blank spaces at the left side of the photo. But I felt that the photo was alright as I did not want to place my subject in the middle. I used the one-third rule for that photo.

I would like to thank both of my good friends, Lesley and Elvina for being my actresses! Both of you did great! (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home